Spicy Rosemary Nuts
by Joan White
- 2 ½ Tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. crumbled dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. or more New Mexican chili powder or ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cups of raw pecan or walnut halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small saucepan melt butter with crumbled rosemary, chili powder and salt.
- Arrange nuts on a rimmed cookie sheet or roasting pan. Pour butter mixture over nuts and toss to distribute evenly (I line the pan with parchment paper to make cleanup easier).
- Bake for 10 minutes or more until lightly browned – I toss nuts at least once during the bake to make sure they cook evenly.
HINT: You can never make too much of these, so double the recipe!